Finca Sagrada ~ Who we are
Finca Sagrada – Mission Statement
Our inspiration is the indigenous saying of the Americas that “neither the people of the North nor the South will thrive until the Condor and the Eagle fly as one.”
Finca Sagrada is a community birthed in gratitude where people can reconnect to the sacredness of the Earth and our own being…
…where the Earth has rights equal to human beings…
….where we steward Earth and each other
…over a self-sustaining sacred community.
Description of Finca Sagrada
Finca Sagrada is located in the southern mountains of Ecuador, close to the globally well-known Vilcabamba. Being close to the Equator yet in the mountains, we experience spring-like weather all year long. Our Biodynamic Farm consists of a five hundred hectare mountain and about four hectares (ten acres) of lush irrigated pastures, fruit forests and flower and vegetable gardens.
We farm Biodynamically and use Permaculture Principles. We are very diversified, with cows, goats, burros, chickens, fish and bees. We have a food forest with bananas, mandarins, avocados and coffee. On the ground we grow traditional crops such as yucca, camote and white carrots plus a variety of vegetables from the Northern Hemisphere. We also have a green house and flower gardens. Our aim is to be self- sufficient and sometimes we get pretty close.
Susan Davis and Walter Moora bought the land in 2009 and now, they are a community of several families, plus partners from around the world.
Our strategy is generosity
• A deal is a good deal when it is good for all concerned.
• We each do what we love to do and do well and little else.
• We sit at the table of unknowing about manifesting conscious sustainability on Finca Sagrada and we invite Spirit to co-create with us for the highest good of all concerned.
• When we feel triggered, we go within and ask what within us is asking to be healed. We manifest whatever help we need to do the inner work to come back to our community with our story of our transformed relationships with ourselves and others.
• We take responsibility for healthy relations and communications with community members.
Join us! We look forward to hearing from you,
Susan Davis Moora & Walter Moora